Whether you live in a newly constructed home or a vintage property, insulation is probably the last thing you think about. Out of sight, out of mind. Even if your home does need to be reinsulated, it most likely won’t be super obvious to you. Some of the signs that your home needs more insulation may be mistaken for other issues. However, it’s important to learn how to know when it’s time to reinsulate your home so you can continue enjoying a quiet and comfortable house and low energy bills.
Signs Your Home Needs To Be Reinsulated
So how do you know when it’s time to reinsulate your home? Here’s a list for you to refer to so you can stay on top of your home’s insulation and add more insulation if needed.
- You have higher than necessary energy bills.
- You notice high-temperature variations between rooms throughout the house.
- You experience cold drafts even when all the windows are doors are closed.
- Your home’s internal temperature fluctuates significantly depending on the outside weather instead of your thermostat and HVAC system.
- Your floors, ceilings and walls are cold.
- You easily experience frozen pipes.
- You have water leaks in the attic.
- You have ice dams on the roof.
- You notice mice and bugs on your property.
- Your home stays cold regardless of if the heater is on.
- Your home gets excessively hot during the summer.
If you’re experiencing one or more of these signs, it may be time to add more insulation. If you’re unsure, you can have a Builders Installed Products Albany professional come check your home out and determine if more insulation is needed. Reach out today to make an appointment, or call us at 518-650-1100.
Benefits of a Properly Insulated Home
Adequate insulation brings your home more benefits than just improved comfort (though that’s a major consideration). When you have your home reinsulated, you’ll experience many lasting benefits, including:
- Reduced energy costs
- Minimized moisture condensation
- Enhanced HVAC performance
- Reduced emissions of pollutants
- Reduced noise pollution
- Improved indoor air quality
You could reinsulate your entire home or touch up only a few spaces, such as the attic, basement or crawl space. To determine where you need more insulation, a technician from Builders Installed Products Albany will assess the insulated areas of your home and make a recommendation. They’ll check the condition of your current insulation and determine if it’s in good enough shape to be kept (with more layered on top) or if a complete replacement is needed.
After they’ve created a plan for reinsulating your home, our skilled and professional team will get to work on your reinsulation project. When we’re done, you can expect a clean space like we were never there, along with long-lasting, comfortable results.
If you think it’s time to reinsulate your Albany home, contact the pros at Builders Installed Products Albany today. Reach out to us online or give us a call at 518-650-1100 to speak with a team member.